Taylor is a full-time elementary teacher for Pittsburgh Public Schools. She is currently working as a third grade reading teacher. In years past, Taylor has worked with small groups as a reading interventionist, focusing on grades K-5. In this role, Taylor created cross grade level groups in order to focus on student needs. Taylor uses frequent assessment to inform the effectiveness of her teaching, and is always looking to tweak her practice in order to maximize student learning. Taylor also has experience teaching math at the elementary level. In this role, Taylor strives to allow students to demonstrate mastery through application of skills and problem solving.
Taylor enjoys working one-on-one with students because it allows her to ensure that she is meeting each student’s individual needs. She focuses on honing foundational skills that allow students to become confident and independent learners.
*Taylor possesses all current Pennsylvania clearances.
- Certified General Education Teacher
- Certified Special Education Teacher
- Certified Reading Specialist (grades K-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood / Special Education with a concentration in Urban Education
- Masters of Education for Literacy